Baby Yoda Lunch Break - Skit

Weekend practice / Light hearted entertainment for dark times!

While setting up an environment & cast for a new Baby Yoda spoof, I made this silly Stormtrooper improv to practice cameras / lenses, aspect ratios, lighting & sound design.

Made in 2 days with the usual suspects: *after getting the environment setup

UE4, Xsens, iPhoneX.

Stay tuned for one final Baby Yoda Spoof. * It's actually scripted so it might stumble beyond just realtime rendered eye candy! (fingers crossed!)

Learnings:

I thought I could nail a good stormtrooper voice fx but it was a lot harder than I thought. (tried to avoid buying plugins but curious what people would reco?).

Also I need to figure out how to spatialize voices per scene, something I need to find tutorials for.

I'm digging the 2.35 aspect, especially for Starwars.

Further refining our pipeline & working out all the little kinks that tend to add up. This little skit was nearly painless on the motion capture and UE4 side, which is why i'm now complaining about audio!

*which reminds me, note to Epic: Please make UE4 audio capture quality higher than 44.1

Reconfirm that working in realtime is the most fun i've ever had... but the Starwars sandbox is addicting so I must wean myself off and gain my weekends back.

#babyyoda #mandalorian #starwars #animation #grogu #unrealengine #iphonex #facecapture #arkit #ue4

Recommended Reading >> bit.ly/32kRpzw

Comments